AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I find after rotating my antenna and running Add channels (digital) that after Skipping those channels that I do not want,they are reselected as Add(ed) later. Have others noticed this issue? Any resolution as yet?

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Yeah, I've heard about that problem. I think Garrett Adams experienced it with his, and I think his post about that is somewhere in the forums (search 34XBR2). No resolution that I know of yet, however.

Regardless, I love this TV like no other. I just wish I could get finished with my trip to Biloxi early so that I can get back to the Springs to use it again.

LOL!

------------------

"Direct View HDTV- is there really any other alternative?"

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I remember seeing the post. It was no problem for me after only one Scan for new channels. It was the second scan that seemed to do it. I thought I had it licked when I tried power off after the changes thinking it would save the program info. Worked for a couple of days.... I have submitted a letter to Sony from their support site. I expect an answer any second now. (hahahaha)

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
Yes it was me. I'm not sure if this is the only cause But I have found the "unwanted" channels always get re-selected whenever a channel redirect warning box occurs. Ordinarily these seldom happen, except in my case I get them regularly when watching Sacramento KXTV-DT 10 which sends me to 61.1 and then back to 10.1 (or 10.2 SD). I hope Sony comes up with a fix as it's quite irritating.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That may be it. That had happened last night! Incidentally, did you happen to notice the Sacto NBC station last night? Now its on 3.1 and (I think) 58.1, instead of 34! Talk about trying to figure out what is going on....

I'll just wait to hear something. They will have to notice eventually...

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
Yes, in fact my first channel redirect yesterday was NBC 35.1 to channel 3.1, and its' sister station WB 35.2 to 58.3. That by itself was enough to re-select all my marked as skip channels. I can live with that since KCRA is actually making their alias channels match their analog counterparts.

As for KXTV-DT 10 I had been in touch with one of the engineers trying to eliminate the continual spurious 10/61/10 redirects. He implemented a few changes which seemed to improve the situation but since last week the problem has returned to as bad as ever. I believe it coincides with their not showing the Guide details lately. I can only hope they eventually get the software worked out. Until then I have to manually punch in channel 61.1 if I want to watch CBS uninterrupted by annoying channel redirects.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I've been having the same problem. Also my local PBS station runs two digital SD stations during the day (43.1 and 43.2) and at night run the HD demo program on 80.3. After the station redirect all of the HD stations I selected as "skip" are changed to "Add" including channel 80 but when I scan the channels 80 is skipped over. I talked to Sony three weeks ago but haven't heard back from them. I've tried manually setting channel 80 and also trying unplugging the set. Any one else seen this?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Changing the PSIP info (from the station) seems to cause the set to lose the delete stations info. I would try to let the station know what problems it can cause.

There were other posts regarding the high channel stations and it's conflict with cable. I don't know if this is the same problem. But you might see if the Cable input will do 80. Or the regular antenna input if you are currently using the cable input.

Locally the PBS station is running the demo on 9.1 with SD on 9.2. They expect to settle into regular programming on Jan 1. We'll see.

However I must say that the PBS station seems to be the most responsive regarding DTV Set-up etc.

Oh, one more item. You might try resetting the TV to start the set-up and see if it will by-pass the auto channel stuff. Then program in only those you want. No deletes then.

Unfortunately, Sony's tech department is fairly (completely) non-responsive. If they come up with an up date, we will probably never know. Even though it can get new software via the memory slot....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.