AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been having this issue for a couple years now. I posted about it a while back but wanted to see if there are any fresh eyes or experts that might have some thoughts about it.

Problem: When the TV is first powered on, the top left corner displays the video input label (VIDEO 7, etc). There is clear skewing and red/blue/green separation occurring. After a few minutes, it "warms up" and corrects itself and everything is fine. The letters are white with no separation and the lines are straight.

Click for larger image:

Straight up - I am reluctant to access the service menus. At this stage, I am more interested in diagnosis. Then I will look at the repair options.

Thanks!

· Registered
1,493 Posts
This is called convergence error. If it looks good after the set warms up, there's really no reason to make any adjustments. If you adjusted it cold, to fix this issue, it would be misconverged after warm-up.

· Registered
17 Posts
Hi, I have the same set and it does the same thing (but on the top right portion of the screen). However, the convergence fixes itself in about 5-20 seconds depending on whether or not there is a moving picture on the screen at the time. This seems to be a common problem with this set. I would not mess with it unless it causes a permanent convergence issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.