AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have a Sony KDE50XS955 and its been running great until couple of weeks ago. When I hit the power button I will get 30+ green blinking light and then 11 blinking red light. Red standby light flashes exactly 11 times then pauses and flashes 11 times again and continues for about two minutes and then the panel will turn itself off.

In order for me to get a picture, I have to hit the power button continually off and on until the panel decide to display a picture. Somedays it takes about 5 minutes to get a picture and other days it could take up to 20 minutes. Once I get a picture the TV is fine for the entire day. The next day (cold boot) its act up again and I have to sit there hitting the power button again. I have try and search the net looking for the blinking code for this TV and I couldn't find anything. I was wondering does this sound like a power supply going bad? Anyone has a suggestion?

Thanks

·
Registered
389 Posts
It could be failing capacitors on the power board. But often that involves the TV turning off by itself. Failing capacitors can be replaced without swapping in a whole new power board.

Other Sony TVs of that era often suffered those kinds of problems because of failed MCZ3001D chips. I don't know if your TV is affected but as Sony outsourced their plasma panels that seems unlikely. Badcaps is really the place to ask these questions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.