Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am about to purchase a Sony KDE50XS955 and have been looking online at some retailers for prices.

I have found one retailer that is offering the unit for $$$$ (+ shipping). They are an online retailer (bestpricecameras). I called them up and asked about them being a Sony authorised retailer and they said they were an authorised distributor, all their goods were brand new and made for the US market - stating that all of their products carry full manufacturers warranties in the US.

They are based in NY and I have checked with the BBB and they only have 1 registered complaint, which was resolved to customer satisfaction.

What do you guys think about making this purchase from this e-tailer?

Thanks

Steve

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stadman
Hi,

I am about to purchase a Sony KDE50XS955 and have been looking online at some retailers for prices.

I have found one retailer that is offering the unit. They are an online retailer (bestpricecameras). I called them up and asked about them being a Sony authorised retailer and they said they were an authorised distributor, all their goods were brand new and made for the US market - stating that all of their products carry full manufacturers warranties in the US.

They are based in NY and I have checked with the BBB and they only have 1 registered complaint, which was resolved to customer satisfaction.

What do you guys think about making this purchase from this e-tailer?

Thanks

Steve

Be extremely carful, there is a reason these on-line dealers are selling their panels for hundreds less than the stores you can actually walk into. After researching plasmas and shopping around the online dealers, I decided to buy from Sears "30 days return for any reason". There are just way too many horror stories that people have had on-line. Check out next tag comparisons and online dealer reviews, after reading the reviews you will notice that people have two extremes of experience, great or nightmare and not much in between. After reading them my internal "scam detector was going wild".

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks you guys.

I did loads of research after your comments and found out that most online retailer carry the same nasty taste! There are a few that are good and are generally authorised!

I appreciate your help.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Tried MonitorOutlet. I've recently purchased a Pio 4350 and their services was great. The guy named Adriel was very helpful and fast. The tv arrived less than 3 days.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Just got one of these beasts at CC for a greatly reduced price. I'm very happy so far. Just wondering if there is an official owners thread. I certainly couldn't find one.

Thanks!

-Spike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.