AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few weeks ago I had to replace the lamp in my kdf-46e2000 Sony TV. The lamp light was flashing red and according to the manual I needed to replace it. I ordered a new lamp and replaced it, no issues. Now, when I turn the TV on the power button flashes red three times on and off for as long as power is applied. The manual states that this is caused by a lamp door or lamp that is not fully secure.

I've taken the lamp and lamp door out a dozen times and reseated them and still the same result. I thought maybe the new lamp was defective but when I try to use the old one the TV instantly tells me that the lamp is bad (lamp light comes on).

I've searched around on the internet and the only thing I can come up with is a bad lamp door sensor switch?

Anyone had this issue before or have some thoughts on it?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just thought i'd share my solution.

I had the same problem. I replaced my lamp, installed the lamp cover properly and still had the problem. I took the lamp out again and noticed a switch at the very back ( kinda like the lamp door switch.) I played with the contact on that switch (pulled the contact out a little.....without removing it) and reinstalled the lamp and lamp door and BAM!!! TV was working again. Haven't had any more issues yet. Let's see how long it lasts.

Post reply if this fixes your problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Lamp getting dim, went to replace it. I get a green light for a few seconds then the the continual three red lights.

I had both the old and new lamps in and out. I jiggled everything I could jiggle.

I thought you guys had my answer, but I don't see any such switch. My door is all plastic with no metal contacts. Further, there is a small circuit board near the door, but there's no way I can see or tell- nothing like a contact out in the open I can just bend. Same model, how is yours different from mine!?

Anyone else have any ideas!?

TIA

1 - 6 of 6 Posts