AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Sony KDF-55WF655 that has just started to do some strange things. After the tv has operated for approximately 30 minutes, the picture starts to blur. Then it turns to a type of snow. It is white with tight gray and black lines. It is similar to a scrambled signal. It is only in the main picture. The second picture works fine, as does the HD tuner. The info bar shows up stating "no signal". It would appear that the main cable tuner has issues.

Just for info, I had the image engine and lamp changed in Feb.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so, what is the fix?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Do you get any kind of error messages by the blinking standby light? It sounds as if the Q box might be going bad, just rep[laced mine not too long ago and it took care of the problem. When you say image engine, you are talking about the optic block?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no error messages. Just the faded signal and the "no signal" indication on the channel menu bar. The TV tech kept calling it an "image engine", so the name kind of stuck with me.

It seems as if the tuner is overheating. It pulled it apart and cleaned all of the electronic components. Now it lasts a lot longer before the meltdown.

What was the repair cost?

·
Registered
179 Posts
I replaced it myself with parts out of a damaged warehouse TV so I got lucky. If you are still seeing any sort of picture, whether it is an indicator for no signal or even if you can access the menu and see that clearly, than your light engine is not the problem. The Q box or digital tuner could be going bad, check the connections, make sure the fans are all working and not completely full of dust.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts