AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, I've decided to go with this TV just for the price that I can get. Are there any objection out there for the price of 2800 that I should go with something else or forever hold your peace?

·
Banned
474 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by advan24r
Alright guys, I've decided to go with this TV just for the price that I can get. Are there any objection out there for the price of 2800 that I should go with something else or forever hold your peace?

Crutchfield has pics and prices of the new Toshiba 1080P DLP's, you can get the 56inch for close to that price. I think with TVA's powerbuy you can also get the Samsung 56inch 1080P DLP for close to that price. I would spend the extra couple of hundred and get a 1080P set.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1080P sounds nice..but I'm not really looking to spend over 3400 since I still have alot of my HT I need to buy such as speakers, receiver, etc. Those extra few hundred I think I rather save for a plasma for upstairs or other HT components.

·
Banned
474 Posts
Quote:
1080P sounds nice..but I'm not really looking to spend over 3400 since I still have alot of my HT I need to buy such as speakers, receiver, etc. Those extra few hundred I think I rather save for a plasma for upstairs or other HT components.

It's not so much the 1080P you benefit from, its the superior contrast ratio the 1080P DLP chips offer over the TV your talking about. I would also recommend the new Sony SXRD's that are about to come out but they look a little out of your budget. Those will also offer superior contrast ratio than the LCD RPTV sets. Since you mentioned plasma for upstairs I thought you might be interested to know that the rumor is Panasonic will be decreasing the MSRP's by $1000 on all their consumer plasma line. That means a 50 inch Panasonic Plasma will have a MSRP of 3999.00, with a 10% off coupon you can get pretty close to that $3400 price, and this TV will also give you a superior picture than the 55XS955, at the cost of 5 less inches. This is a great time to be shopping for a TV, lots of competition.. Good Luck.

·
Registered
318 Posts
xs has a very good picture....might be some benefit to waiting but the incremental gain in picture quality for hd and dvd's might only be rather modest.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright, I just bought the Sony TV! Now time to endure the wait. It actually was $2500 and not $2700 (knew a friend that worked at Sony). I hope this TV was worth it after studying this forum for the past 3 weeks.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Quote:
Alright, I just bought the Sony TV! Now time to endure the wait. It actually was $2500 and not $2700 (knew a friend that worked at Sony). I hope this TV was worth it after studying this forum for the past 3 weeks.
That's a good deal, it makes it even better. There are many happy XS owners on the forum. Enjoy your new set!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.