AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My home was struck last night in a storm, most phone outlets burnt, along with phones, Mac G4, DSL modem, wireless router, phone splitters blown apart, smoke/CO2 detector toast, satellite receiver fried (via phone line) but the weird this is my DVD player which is hooked up via component to my receiver, then component to TV will not show video. I tried switching the components from Video 5 to the Video 6 jacks with no luck. I tried straight from DVD player to TV via components and no luck. I then hook up S-video and it works, as well as composite video works. Did the lightning somehow take out the component connections on the TV? Are they both somehow tied together where if one got blown the other would even though nothing was in the other? Any help with troubleshooting and/or idea of fix would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason

·
Registered
564 Posts
Lightning always wins! Electricity takes the path of least resistance, your DVD being hooked up via component provided a signal path for the electrical current. It is probable that the TV portion of the component input of the DVD portion of the component output are damaged.

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
Yeah, your dvd player is most like ruined. You can try to get it repaired but it may be cheaper to buy a new one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.