Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am new to these forums, but I am very happy to have stumbled in here. I am currently shopping for my first hdtv. I have determined due to the size of the room (19.5x19.5) that a 50"-55" screen would be a good choice. I have narrowed down my choices to the Sony lcd kdfe55a20 , Samsung dlp hlr5667, or a Mitsubishi dlp wd52725. If i want the Mits I am going to have to hurry because they are being phased out by a new Mits line that is due out anyday now, and some stores in my area(Phoenix) are already sold out of the 525/725 line. These 3 sets are currently all priced within $200 of each other. I plan on watching alot of sports and action movies so I am not sure if Lcd or Dlp is better for either. Any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thanks for the reply AkaStp. It seems that is the same at most of the stores i have visited. Some say buy the Sony it's a no brainer. Then i walk into a competing store and they say the Mits or the Sammy blows away the Sony. They all look really good to me. I currently own a Sony 36" wega that has been a great set but we are almost ready to move into a new house and my two kids are gonna get the sony 36 for thier play room.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Be sure to buy it from a company that lets you return it if you don't like it.

Also be sure you don't see the rainbows that DLP's can produce as they can drive you nuts.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does tweaking the picture help with the sde on the lcd sets?? I have always been a Sony guy, but every a10/a20 i have seen even from the correct distance has pretty brutal sde. Can it be that the source the stores are using is so bad as to make this seem worse? Starting to think maybe the Mits or Sammy now or a JVC ILA. Decisions decisions. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well i went with the Mits 52725. Got a wicked deal from Showcase(tweeter in AZ). Scheduled delivery for a few weeks when my new house is ready. 30 day return/exchange policy wont start till delivery same with the 60 day price protection. I saved so much $$ that the 5 yr protection policy seems almost free. Cant wait to hook it up and watch some football and hockey.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.