AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

I consider this a wonderful TV set(i have the UK version) but i have had some image issues with this set and was wondering if there is someone out there experiencing the same problem or has a solution to help me out.

The problem is that when i have my Xbox360 or PS3 connected through Component cable there appears to be some kind of wavy interference all around the picture, sometimes it is not there but if i change channel and try again the interference reappears.

Now i know it can't be interference from another device because i already tried moving the set to another location and the same happens, also this only happens with Component(i also tried switching Component cables) since i already tried connecting it with VGA and HDMI but the picture is stable with those connections.

Does anybody know if this might be some kind of malfunction with the TV or Component input on the TV?

Anyone had similar issues?

Please let me know.

I appreciate your help.

Thanks.

·
Registered
7,233 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMSMM /forum/post/14291666

Hi.

I consider this a wonderful TV set(i have the UK version) but i have had some image issues with this set and was wondering if there is someone out there experiencing the same problem or has a solution to help me out.

The problem is that when i have my Xbox360 or PS3 connected through Component cable there appears to be some kind of wavy interference all around the picture, sometimes it is not there but if i change channel and try again the interference reappears.

Now i know it can't be interference from another device because i already tried moving the set to another location and the same happens, also this only happens with Component(i also tried switching Component cables) since i already tried connecting it with VGA and HDMI but the picture is stable with those connections.

Does anybody know if this might be some kind of malfunction with the TV or Component input on the TV?

Anyone had similar issues?

Please let me know.

I appreciate your help.

Thanks.

Considering both the 360/PS3 are high powered Processor devices and in many cases more powerful than the PC you may be working off of you may be more likely to observe electrical interference and on a PC may replicate with such wavy lines around the picture. Such interference may replicate throughout your home on those devices. I understand this is a budget panel so you may be less likely to invest in line conditioners but they actually work.

I've had a line conditioner that protects my entire HT system and wouldn't be without one - it does what a surge cannot. Mine removed line interference from a sump pump in my basement that would activate and has worked flawlessly for three years. You may want to shop for a budget level power conditioner that takes a step way beyond a surge. Perhaps you could find one to try with return rights in case it doesn't resolve the event.

The only way to troubleshoot is to try different avenues checking for possibilities to replicate the event until one resolves the issue. This includes swapping out cables and inputs also but a power conditioner can do the trick. I manage a pretty good sized network and the wavy line event has often signal electrical issues or interference which can include a higher powered device sharing off the same line like kitchen appliances, copier machines or power tools nearby - I prohibit any such devices to be shared with data circuits I 've had wired by an electrician to prevent such conflicts in my network but often we don't plan for this in our homes and a line conditioner is a wise investment for any home theater system IMO but of course you may want to take a minimalist approach with a 32" budget TV but it will also afford some protections to your PS3/360 consoles.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your reply.

That's a strong possibility but the thing is that i had a Samsung 32" LCD TV here before around the same budget and i had never had such problems.

Can this differ from different models and brands also?

Anyone else may help on this issue?

Really appreciate your replies.

Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts