AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

First of all,

A huge thank you to all the kind and informative people on this forum; I have used AVS as a resource for years and have always been able to find the answers to all my questions without ever needing to join to ask a question; That is... until now.  I also thought it was about time I start "paying-it-forward" and share whatever knowledge I can.

I have a Sony Bravia KDL-40HX701 and have been very pleased with it; I am NOT pleased, however, with the scarcity and prohibitive expense of a replacement remote as I have somehow lost my original remote (model RM-YD055).  My question is, I live in Canada and have noticed that the same TV in the US was supplied with a different remote (model RM-YD033).  I'm wondering, since the two remotes appear, cosmetically, identical; Would the latter be compatible with my TV? The RM-YD033 is far more readily available to order online as well as being substantially cheaper.  I have already attempted to get support from Sony directly but their answers were not entirely helpful.  In what I am sure was an attempt to not deviate from their established support boundaries, all they could offer was: "It may or may not be compatible but here is the telephone number to order a Sony branded Universal Remote."

I thanked the support agent for his assistance and proceeded directly to AVS forums.  Perhaps another AVS member has experience with this issue and could shed some light for me.

Thanks,

1 - 1 of 1 Posts