AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was looking for something inexpensive for my daughter and saw this set in Walmart around my $300-350 price range but I can't find any information on it. I've found a few stores online that have it listed (abt.com says it's out of stock but amazon says it won't be available until May. 1st.) For the price it has a pretty solid feature set, but I'm always wary buying something without reviews. I know Walmart has their own model numbers, so does anyone know if there's a comparable model I can look up or does anyone maybe have some experience with it?

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
The "C" would indicate that it's a 2015 model, which Sony hasn't officially released yet so it's going to be hard to find any worthwhile information on it. The R-series is generally Sony's "low-end/budget" lineup and uses VA panels with decent contrast and an overall good picture for the money. The only caveats being they generally lack the X-Reality picture engine which is Sony's "secret sauce" for improved image quality, but instead use "Clear Resolution Enhancer," which is most likely an off-the-shelf Mediatek chip. In general R-series TVs also use older Sony UI and have a limited selection of apps. The Sony 40W600B is of known quality and gets very good reviews, but if you're looking for a baseline of what you can expect from the R510C you can probably rely on impressions of older R models like the 40R450A (2013), 40R380B (2014) and 60R510A (2014).

·
Registered
20 Posts
got this a few days ago at walmart to replace an older lcd that went out in my kitchen..

im really impressed so far. paid about $340. it was $100 off regular price.

i got the last one in stock, would go back to buy another id they had another in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts