1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
40" Sony KDL-40V2500 (clouding) $2000

46" Sharp LC46D62U (banding & glossy frame) $2360

I cannot decide...

The idea of a larger 46" seems nice, and both apparently support 1:1 pixel mapping.

One has clouds and the other has banding....

Which is a better bang for the buck??? I will be using a PS3 for games and bluray, and most likely an external Samsung QAM tuner for HDTV.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_j_johnson /forum/post/0

No one has input on which TV is a better buy?

How far back are you setting? Do you watch mostly SD (not that this really matters, both are excellent at SD).

I think that going with the 46" is better for that reason, it's bigger. The price difference is not that much and it is amazing how much smaller it lookes at home than at the store.

Also, both of these sets have excellent tuners in them. The Sharp tuner is a little slow, but check them out.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I cannot afford the new CES models unfortunately...

And the only thing holding me back from buying the D62 is the shiny frame of the LCD and the higher price (I heard the shine is really annoying). At least Sharp will replace the unit if I can prove there is banding from what I hear. Sony apparently will not acknowledge they have clouding issues.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.