AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
EDIT: TV HAS BEEN RECYCLED. Thanks for all your help
. I know more about TVs now and can look forward to solving any future issues with any new TVs.

I barely post on this forum, Initially had an issue with my DLP (HLR5064W), however I solved that.

I just got the Bravia KDL-46V3000 from a local person in my city, being told that the screen was buggered up. I took it hoping I could repair it.

Upon seconds of plugging it in, I started shaking the TV and noticed the picture would change, possibly indicative of a loose connection?

I've never had a flatpanel TV so I am not sure what I should be looking for, however if you suggest a technical solution don't be afraid to go in depth, I will find my way around

Here is a video (10MB, 1 minute), showing the problem.

Here the image is fading away

Here the image has somehow been pushed down.

This is after unplugging and plugging back in 2 ribbon cables that went into the screen.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

edit: Reading around, the ribbon cables I removed were plugged into the TCOM, would that be the first part I'd look into replacing?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme_Boky /forum/post/20880037

that's bad TAB's.... search the forums for TAB to find out more.

Looking on the forum lead me to http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1336237 , which gave me a little more information in what I need to be looking at. However I am a little confused, is it what the cable plugs into, or the ribbon cable itself is called a TAB?

Looking at the service manual, it seems an "FCC Connector Assembly" is plugged into the TUU2 board.

However, the last picture occured after I unplugged the 2 ribbon cables from the T-CON, and plugged them back in. The standby light later did 5 blinks.

Quote:
For the kdl-46w3000, 5 blinks, pause, 5 blinks, etc. means "T-CON error", suggesting that the T-CON board needs to be replaced.

I have a replacement T-CON enroute. Is it possible that the 2 cables that plug into the T-CON go to the TABs? It makes sense in my head but whether that is actually correct is different.

Thanks,

Sam

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
That is correct. Arrows point to area where the ribbon cables lose contact with LCD panel glass substrate. White bumpons are there to introduce pressure on affected area (and restore good connectivity) once the LCD panel is assembled back in to its frame / closed up.

Boky

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah I have yet to see that, I have only removed the back panel, along with the metal plate housing the TCON.

How much would I have to take off to see what you're mentioning in that picture. I was a little orientation confused but now I see that is the top (bottom?) of the LCD facing out.

Basically what I've seen so far having only taken off the back plate and the TCON housing metal, the 2 ribbon cables plugging into the TCON plugged into the top of the LCD (both ends had these sort of locking mechanisms http://www.newark.com/jsp/search/pro...FC-GB100000001 ). I've yet to see what your picture mentions (as I haven't taken off the front).

To access what your picture mentions, do I just have to remove the front frame? I believe there is only 2 screws holding it in from the top, however the bottom contains all the speaker wiring etc so I'd rather not take off the bottom unless I have to.

Or is it more complex than that and I need to somehow completely remove the LCD?

Thanks for your help Boky, and my apologies for so many questions.

EDIT: Updates, I have opened the front and have unveiled this TAB that appears to have been melted/burnt through.

What can I do from here?

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
That is unrepairable - unless you get the whole LCD panel (that comes with ribbons). The photo quality is out of focus.... has that damage actually caused any copper links between T-CON and LCD panel to brake / go open circuit?

Boky

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.