AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have this problem with their xbr9? This has happened on a few occasions already when watching cable TV and I believe it happened once when watching a movie on my PS3. Currently monitoring it to see if it continues, virtually impossible to recreate

·
Registered
412 Posts
I have the same model and have not experienced this. More information is needed to make a reasonable guess. Does the audio cut out with the video? Can you tell if the loss of video is being caused by the backlights turning off or is it simply a loss of video?

Admittedly, it’s going to be tough to diagnose this unless it gets worse since the technician would have to experience it to perform a legitimate repair. Unless the place you purchased it from has a “no questions asked” return policy you are probably going to have to wait until it becomes worse (or goes away) or others have experienced this issue and a solution has been found. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by display veteran /forum/post/18290328

I have the same model and have not experienced this. More information is needed to make a reasonable guess. Does the audio cut out with the video? Can you tell if the loss of video is being caused by the backlights turning off or is it simply a loss of video?

Admittedly, it's going to be tough to diagnose this unless it gets worse since the technician would have to experience it to perform a legitimate repair. Unless the place you purchased it from has a no questions asked return policy you are probably going to have to wait until it becomes worse (or goes away) or others have experienced this issue and a solution has been found. Hope this helps.

Hey there thanks for your response. The few times where I noticed I believe it was a loss of video, hard to tell though as it has not happened recently which is a good thing. I downloaded and installed the latest firmware update where it's kinda talked about.

The television picture freezes momentarily, then the TV powers off and then on. At first I thought it had something to do with the TV'S ethernet connection. Either way it has not happened since I installed the latest update. I will keep this thread posted. Thanks

·
Registered
393 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by akadennis /forum/post/18294156

Hey there thanks for your response. The few times where I noticed I believe it was a loss of video, hard to tell though as it has not happened recently which is a good thing. I downloaded and installed the latest firmware update where it's kinda talked about.

The television picture freezes momentarily, then the TV powers off and then on. At first I thought it had something to do with the TV'S ethernet connection. Either way it has not happened since I installed the latest update. I will keep this thread posted. Thanks

Does TV literally turns itself off and then on? That is it reboots? Or just the screen goes black? Are your components connected to TV directly or via some king of processor/switch? I had intermittent picture dropouts from cable box source when I tried to use HDMI switch. DVD player didn't work via switch at all. Both components work fine when connected directly to TV. In any case I never had TV actually turn itself off - just loss of a signal.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeschmoe007 /forum/post/18296145

Does TV literally turns itself off and then on? That is it reboots? Or just the screen goes black? Are your components connected to TV directly or via some king of processor/switch? I had intermittent picture dropouts from cable box source when I tried to use HDMI switch. DVD player didn't work via switch at all. Both components work fine when connected directly to TV. In any case I never had TV actually turn itself off - just loss of a signal.

hello, the screen goes black. normally my components are hooked up to my receiver but i am happy 2 report that since i updated the firmware this has not happened again

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeschmoe007 /forum/post/18296145

it just happened again. the tv just went black, i could still here audio. came back after a second or 2. i wonder if it has to do with the movie playing from an external HD hooked up to my PS3. I will switch it to the Blu ray and see if it happens again

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hello, well my tv screen went blank, no sound this time except a loud noise coming from the tv, like a loud fan or motor. i turned the tv off and turned back on and it appears ok now. sony is sending someone next friday to check it out. anyone have this happen to them?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts