AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had posted this in the Plasma Forum but was directed to post it here. My return period ends tomorow, so I will appreciate your input. Now I can get the Panny for less than $1k. So here it goes:

"Panny TC-P54G20 vs Sony KDL-52-EX701

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just bought the Sony KDL-52-EX701 a couple of weeks ago but I had always been struggling between the Sony and the Panny TC-P54G20. I am still within my "no questions asked" return period and just saw the Panny price lowered $200 below what I paid for the Sony....which is a little tempting...

Regardles of Price considerations, I would like your assesement on these two units..if possible pros/cons....

"I know that I am posting in the Plasma board, so pls. try to be as un-biassed as posible to help me make my mind

So far my experience with the Sony is prety good..like the picture quality, has an excellent warranty (three years+one additional with the AMEX), includes the WIFI dongle, has 24p capabililty (the panny does not?). On extremely dark images it performs well, but I would not rated it as "excellent"....

I can get the Panny for $200 less with 2 yrs warranty (+ one addtl. with AMEX) so the warranty is pretty good too......heard about the issues with the black levels...

In general, I appreciate performance in dark images, so I guess the Panny may have an edge in that respect???

Pls., any feedback is appreciatted....."

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTurkish /forum/post/19553031

Title says gt20 but the post says g20...which is it?

If its g20 go with that...panasonic is the best...has great reviews

It's a G20.

I was about to, but then I came about the floating blacks thread. Add to that the issue with increasing black levels and it kind of spoil it for me. Have you had any bad experience with these issues?

thks..

·
Registered
53 Posts
Don't own one but I'm planning on getting one...looks to be the best bang for the buck

Cnet, consumer reports, and one other online site gave it good reviews.

I'm going to see if I can one from costco as they provide additional warranty and support for free

1 - 5 of 5 Posts