AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
I've used both and they're both fine. I would move towards the first one just because it's an all in one solution. There are other options out there. You can use any product made for computer lcd's also.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDChargerdan /forum/post/17027741

I've used both and they're both fine. I would move towards the first one just because it's an all in one solution. There are other options out there. You can use any product made for computer lcd's also.

Is this solution okay to use for a Sony HDTV though, with the semi-matte screen?

Also, does it really leave streaks as some Amazon reviews say?

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
Don't waste your money.

All you really need is a microfiber cloth. If that doesn't clean the screen, you can make your own mixture of isopropyl alcohol and water. Simply mix about 50/50 and put it in a spray bottle. Spray the cloth and wipe the screen.

It's the same thing recommended to clean laptop screens. I've used it for years on my LCOS, LCD, SXRD, laptop, eyeglasses, etc. Never had an issue. Double check your instruction manual though.

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
You shouldn't be using gallons of water, so regular tap water is fine. Just a quick spray on the microfiber cloth for stubborn dirty spots. You most likely don't need any water at all though if you use the cloth.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts