AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my kdl-52v5100 TV attached to a Sony str-dn1000 receiver via HDMI only. I use the TV as a monitor. I also have a Directv hd dvr attached to the receiver via HDMI. At times, the TV switches to TV speakers for no apparent reason. I switch it back in the menu to "audio system" and it stays there....until the next time. Once when this happened I noticed the receiver said "muting." I suspect the receiver is losing signal from the Directv receiver, but I don't lose video when this happens. Possibly HDMI? Thanks in advance for any input.

·
Registered
110 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamfield42 /forum/post/18191413

I have my kdl-52v5100 TV attached to a Sony str-dn1000 receiver via HDMI only. I use the TV as a monitor. I also have a Directv hd dvr attached to the receiver via HDMI. At times, the TV switches to TV speakers for no apparent reason. I switch it back in the menu to "audio system" and it stays there....until the next time. Once when this happened I noticed the receiver said "muting." I suspect the receiver is losing signal from the Directv receiver, but I don't lose video when this happens. Possibly HDMI? Thanks in advance for any input.

Go to your manual and on page 81 you will find the information you need to have your TV operate as a monitor and all sound come from the receiver.

Get into the GUI and go to the HDMI Settings. Select Audio Out and set it to AMP. TV+AMP is the default setting and it changes to the default setting every time you change the Ctrl for HDMI setting. I left the Ctrl for HDMI to OFF so that the TV will not exchange information with the rest of the components on HDMI. The TV will exchange the information that it has only 2 channel audio meaning that the source should only send it 2 channel audio or stereo not multi-channel audio.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand PuBa /forum/post/18197830

Go to your manual and on page 81 you will find the information you need to have your TV operate as a monitor and all sound come from the receiver.

Get into the GUI and go to the HDMI Settings. Select Audio Out and set it to AMP. TV+AMP is the default setting and it changes to the default setting every time you change the Ctrl for HDMI setting. I left the Ctrl for HDMI to OFF so that the TV will not exchange information with the rest of the components on HDMI. The TV will exchange the information that it has only 2 channel audio meaning that the source should only send it 2 channel audio or stereo not multi-channel audio.

I am certain this was my problem. I finally turned the HDMI Connect off and it no longer searches speaker possibilities. I am more than satisfied now that it stays on "audio system." Thanks for your help PuBa.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts