AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Sony KDL-52XBR9 hooked up to a Denon receiver with HDMI. I have my Motorola Cable Box and everything else ran to the receiver. I have had the screen on my TV go completely green several times. When I turn the TV off then back on again, it seems to fix the problem. I called Sony last night about it and they said they are aware of the Motorola Cable Boxes doing this. I find it weird because my Samsung has never had any issues with the Motorola Cable Box. Has anyone else had this green screen issue before? What should I do? My warranty from Sony expires on Dec 5th.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Since your warranty is getting close to expiration, either purchase an extended plan and/or document the problem in writing with Sony.

·
Registered
272 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitty /forum/post/19513399

I have a Sony KDL-52XBR9 hooked up to a Denon receiver with HDMI. I have my Motorola Cable Box and everything else ran to the receiver. I have had the screen on my TV go completely green several times. When I turn the TV off then back on again, it seems to fix the problem. I called Sony last night about it and they said they are aware of the Motorola Cable Boxes doing this. I find it weird because my Samsung has never had any issues with the Motorola Cable Box. Has anyone else had this green screen issue before? What should I do? My warranty from Sony expires on Dec 5th.

The Motorola boxes are not compatiple with Sony. It has something to do with the EDID. They don't want to comunicate with each other. It would be like you talking to me in French and I try talking to you in Spanish. It just doesn't work. The only way around this is to use Component cables.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts