AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend just bought one and I am installing and setting up for him. He is scary with tools
- anyway, I jsut had a question as i was reviewing the specs. Is the internet connectivity wireless or do I need to run cat5 from his router? I dont see anything on the Sony site that specifies wireless. If wireless - is it G or N? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Congratulations on the purchase! I just took delivery of a 52XBR9 this week. The XBR9 does not have any kind of onboard wireless, only the RJ-45 ethernet connection on the back of the TV. You can use a wired connection connected to your router or you can use a wireless bridge to connect it to the network. Personally I used an old wifi router I had laying around, flashed it with DDWRT firmware and configured it as a wireless bridge, which is wirelessly connected to my wireless router downstairs, then its just a matter of connecting the bridge and tv with a ethernet cable. hope that helps, the XBR9 is a beautiful TV.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.