AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Picked up one of the late 2010 models, listed above, grabbed the TDG-BR100 glasses and 3D Sync Transmitter (I've already returned the transmitter, the best buy guy said I needed both, but there was no jack on the back to plug the transmitter in, and after doing some basic searches, found out my TV was 3D integrated, just need glasses, etc)

Ok.. so I am about a week in, I love the picture, but I am having 3D issues. The images work in 3D, then the image goes back and forth sometimes to working or blurry.. The main "3D image" per say gets blurry, double ghosting, etc. Then the main 3D image will clear up but the background characters all get double/blurry.. I have tried hitting the 3D button on my Sony remote and using the 3D adjustment built into my TV to go from 0 to 2, or -1, -2, etc. That makes the Double/Ghosting images in the background twice as blurry. It has very limited options.

Anyone have any suggestions, or own this set, run into similar situations?

It happens on all my 3D content. I use my PS3 as my 3D player, I have avatar 3D, MLB 11 the Show (video game in 3D) and I even downloaded the free Bon Jovi 3D video on Sony's PlayStation store. It happens consistently on all 3 pieces of content.

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated..

·
Registered
446 Posts
BTW that is a 2011 model not a late 2010 model. I wonder if your glasses are losing sync with the TV. Also have you tried switching out your HDMI cable to a High Speed HDMI cable? High speed is required for 3D viewing.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's good to hear, I thought I read it was a 2010 model, but glad to know it is a 2011!

The cables I have are 6 mos old and have 10.2 gig speed labeled on them. However, they don't specifically say high speed. I will try your suggestion and pick up a pair of High Speed Cables, both for my PS3 and My TWC cable box.

Should have them later today and I'll follow up on this thread.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Picked up a monster 15.8 gig high speed cable. Definitely improves the quality and less and less double/blurry. I think that was the major problem, however, I still see some blurriness once in awhile. Made it through a full 3D viewing of Avatar and it was pretty clean and clear in 3D throughout.

Thanks for the suggestion, it appears to have solved my problem for the most part!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts