AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my dad a KDL 32L4000 for Christmas and we're having trouble getting it to pick up OTA signals. We have a hi def antennae on the roof and my tv (Samsung plasma) and another tv (Sony HD CRT) picks up all the HD locals but the new LCD doesnt. When we set it to search for channels it only finds three "digital channels" and none of them look that great. Is it something with the tuner in the panel? Should it be able to pick these channels up? Thanks.

·
Registered
331 Posts
If the channels are you receiving showing signs of pixelation and freezing, Its the result of a poor signal, You usually have to move the antenna to a spot where the signal is stronger.

If thats not the case, You gotta play around with the picture settings and also the aspect ratio.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I just upgraded to a w4100 from an olevia lcd. I used some rabbit ears on the olevia about 7' up on the wall and it picked up all the local HD channels 7/7 crisply, and got all the analogs which of course looked bad.

Now using that same antenna on the sony, 6' on the wall, the tv recognizes only 2 out of the 7 networks, and cant even pick up half of the analog channels either. I tried splicing on more wire to the connectors to reach 9' high but it doesn't change anything.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the reply's. Does the tuner in this tv just suck? All the locals come in great on my plasma and the other crt we have. Directv is coming out tuesday to install the new HD for us so I guess it doesnt really matter, just wondering

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.