AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
I saw the 32" model at BB the other day and it had the dynamic contrast ratio listed as 100,000:1. I thought it was a misprint. Seems really high for a lower priced set. I know DCR numbers are achieved with smoke and mirrors but still that one made me do a double take.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hey there. I have just purchaced this tv after returning two 42 inch sanyos because all the hdmi inputs would flash on both tvs, and I could not be happier with everything this tv has to offer. The picture it displays is increadible....Very very VERY.....Dark blacks, almost like i'm watching a crt tv. Sony does however have their contrast turned up to 95...but I turned it down quite a bit and am still happy with it.

I too saw the 140,000:1 contrast ratio and do think its right. There is tons of adjustments for this tv, even extra optioins to make the contrast even more dark.....Its a great set. Everything works so nicley on it, even the speakers are quite good for an lcd tv... This tv gets so much bass it auctually makes the frame around the tv vibrate; which i'm not to crazy about but minor drawback. Awesome sounds from the stock speakers. Even has bass and trebble adjustments allong with a 7 band EQ! AWESOME! It even has pip when you are using the tv as a computer monitor.

If you are thinking about this tv for purchace I would so get it.....Its the 2010 model the sears guy told me. I was not going to get it but they were out of the 42 LG I wanted and when I saw this next to it and the price attached to it I got it. Could not be happier. I love all the options it has....This tv even is able to play JPEG files, MP3 files, and Movie files form the USB input.....Lots and lots of options for every aspect in the tv, including the sound menu. The tv looks very nice too. Very sleek looking.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hmm. Nice to read some feedback on this set. I'm seriously considering it for the living room.

I'm worried about flashlighting and clouding. Last year's Sony and Samsung sets seemed to have been plagued with it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I as well have been looking at this.. I am picking this up as a tv for my son an it will primarily be used to play PS3 and 360 (game room tv). I will post my findings as well in a couple of days.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickio /forum/post/18264722

Hey there. I have just purchaced this tv after returning two 42 inch sanyos because all the hdmi inputs would flash on both tvs, and I could not be happier with everything this tv has to offer. The picture it displays is increadible....Very very VERY.....Dark blacks, almost like i'm watching a crt tv. Sony does however have their contrast turned up to 95...but I turned it down quite a bit and am still happy with it.

I too saw the 140,000:1 contrast ratio and do think its right. There is tons of adjustments for this tv, even extra optioins to make the contrast even more dark.....Its a great set. Everything works so nicley on it, even the speakers are quite good for an lcd tv... This tv gets so much bass it auctually makes the frame around the tv vibrate; which i'm not to crazy about but minor drawback. Awesome sounds from the stock speakers. Even has bass and trebble adjustments allong with a 7 band EQ! AWESOME! It even has pip when you are using the tv as a computer monitor.

If you are thinking about this tv for purchace I would so get it.....Its the 2010 model the sears guy told me. I was not going to get it but they were out of the 42 LG I wanted and when I saw this next to it and the price attached to it I got it. Could not be happier. I love all the options it has....This tv even is able to play JPEG files, MP3 files, and Movie files form the USB input.....Lots and lots of options for every aspect in the tv, including the sound menu. The tv looks very nice too. Very sleek looking.

"This TV gets so much bass it actually makes the frame around the TV vibrate; which I'm not too crazy about but minor drawback. "Even has bass and treble controls along with a 7 band EQ! AWESOME"

Try turning the bass down or using the 7 band EQ to tame the bass. You shouldn't have to put up with a vibrating frame.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I'm still surprised to read that people actually believe those numbers. I thought it was common knowledge that those ratings are simply marketing numbers that have been manipulated in order to impress the average consumer. They should never be relied upon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.