AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my Sony KDL40V3000 at the beginning of 2008 (the UK model not the US one) and was very happy with it, but over the past couple of months I have begun to notice dark bands down the screen, I'm pretty sure they weren't there before, I'm very critical of these things so I'm sure I would have noticed.

Is this normal as screens get older? Is it covered by warranty or is it just one of those things you are supposed to put up with and not termed a defect? I have posted a link to a screenshot below, it is of windows in 1080p with a pure colour to show it more clearly, but it occurs in 720p too and on freeview you can also see it in some scenes.

http://bullsworld.net/blog_images/kdlbands1.jpg

Any advice would be appreciated, like do I contact Sony or are there any adjustments I can make to fix it, I have it pretty well calibrated using calibration discs so I don't want to mess that up.

The shop I purchased it from, Teleworld, has now gone bust, so I cannot contact them for assistance.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Hmm, I have a 46 V3000 and I haven't noticed any of that after plenty of critical watching over the past 2 years. I'm not sure what you can do to fix that, aside from the obvious, like turning the brightness/backlight down so it doesn't highlight it, but you said you've used calibration discs so it probably isn't overly bright to begin with.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well Sony emailed me back saying they couldn't tell if it was a fault from my pictures and said they aren't allowed to offer diagnosis via email, so I have to contact a repair centre, if it isn't a fault I will get charged a fee. I guess I need to search for my warranty now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts