AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Again ... does anyone have a clue where to find the WCG CCFL backlights for a Sony(KDL40XBR4) LCD TV? I have downloaded the manual and it seems like it's a top secret part and no where on the internet can I find any reference to this part. ...any clues ...?

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Only available as part of the panel assy from Sony, no part number exists since you can't buy it separately anyways. This it typical of most panel manufacturers, I've NEVER changed a CCFL on ANY set. Aftermarket may have them, not sure how difficult it will to put them in since most panels are considered "sealed units". The places that refurbish panels may have a way to do it...

·
Registered
412 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Servicetech571 /forum/post/19601615

Only available as part of the panel assy from Sony, no part number exists since you can't buy it separately anyways. This it typical of most panel manufacturers, I've NEVER changed a CCFL on ANY set. Aftermarket may have them, not sure how difficult it will to put them in since most panels are considered "sealed units". The places that refurbish panels may have a way to do it...

There are several sites that sell the lamps for this panel. They are not difficult to install as there is no such thing as a "sealed" panel. The biggest problem is dust and hair entering the panel when it is disassembled. Use care to prevent this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.