AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hope its the final decision between both panels, which available here and fit to the budget.

Until I'll go to the store and see both of them I would like to get any recommendation which should I buy.

I didn't find any reviews, maybe because the different models around the world.

Sony is Sony but Samsung have 3D.. with roulette panel...

What do you say?

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
I would go look at them the KDL46R473 uses LED backbit Samsung SPVA panel .

I belive the UE46F6100 uses an LED edge light panel some edge light panels have issues with cloudiness on dark backgrounds and uniformity. YMMV

I would Imagine the sets are close picture wise and if 3D is important obviously the Samsung would have it there .

I have a US model Sony KDL 40R450A that also has a nearly identical Samsung SPVA panel (other than size ) to the KDL 46R473 good picture IMO slightly better than the equivalent Samsung EH /5300/5500 sets I saw anyway.

IIRC The Samsung might be somewhat brighter in daylight although the Sony is quite adequate.

Might be worth taking a look and see which you prefer. I actually went to buy a Samsung 40EH 5300/5500 and ended up preferring the Sony the Samsung was quite good though . OTOH I did not compare a 3D Sony( or any Sony) to the US Samsung 6100 series .

1 - 2 of 2 Posts