AVS Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this in an older thread which referenced the problem of screen discoloration on the SONY KDL46Z4100. It is especially visible on white backgrounds such as Hockey Ice.

I purchased my TV in 12/2008. I got an extended warranty. I noticed the discoloration a couple of months ago then when the hockey playoffs began it became annoying so I called my extended warranty company. Originally a technician was going to come out but due to scheduling problems the technician indicated that the symptoms indicated the screen needed to be replaced and would reschedule once the replacement came in. When I followed up I was told that screen replacement was not a warranty option and that I would be notified in a couple of days about a TV replacement option. I called to check on the status and was told that I had 2 options: they would replace the TV with a Samsung LN46D630 or give me $949.99 in cash. I have always been a SONY fan so I argued about the option and even called SONY but to no avail. SONY says my TV is passed the one year warranty so I have to deal with the extended warranty company. Maybe I should rethink my loyalty to SONY. Anyone know anything about the Samsung LN46D630?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts