AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased the Sony KDL55BX520 about 4 weeks ago.

This is my first LCD TV

I was watching a DVD movie today and about half way through the movie, I notice the screen went strange unreleased to the DVD disc. The picture went bad covering up 75% the movie and I see a green chuck of color on the bottom screen. From HDMI (DVD Movie) change back to TV (Direct TV), I could still see the same problem. I immediately turn off the TV and turn it back on...the problem gone and back to normal.

But, I really really worry this will happen again.

Does anyone know what is the problem?

I thought it was the HDMI cable that went bad (connecting to the DVD player) that cause the picture problem. But, when I turn it back to TV Mode, same problem.

I do not notice any problems with this TV until today. The only problem is I notice the TV do take 5 minutes for it to brighten up. I asked other problem with LCD and they told me this is normal. I watch about 2-3 hours each night and everything seems fine until today. This is less than 2 months old, just went over a month old.

·
Registered
2 Posts
What a coincidence! I experienced the same problem with my Sony KDL55BX520 today. I was watching one of the FIOS HD channels and all of sudden, lower part of my screen turned bright green and the rest of screen became really grainy and unwatchable. I turned the TV off and turned it back on. The problem disappeared and I continued watching it for another hour or so without any issues.

I would really appreciate to hear from anybody who experienced this problem or heard about it. I bought my TV at the end of January, 2012.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts