AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 476 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been to best buy several times to check out this TV, http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-bravia-50-class-49-1-2-diag--led-1080p-120hz-smart-3d-hdtv/3419028.p?id=1219091132473&skuId=3419028.

this TV looks amazing. Originally I didnt want a smart TV as i have the Amazon fire. However this is maybe the one tv that will allow me to reconsider that decision. I have heard great things regarding the picture as well as the input lag when gaming. With that being said, I really want a 55 in. I was looking around on the BB site and I found this TV. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-55-class-54-5-8-diag--led-1080p-120hz-smart-hdtv/7865123.p?id=1219298196084&skuId=7865123. It only has one review and I cannot find any info on it online.
i figure it will be between this the 800 series above and this one http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-60-class-60-diag--led-1080p-120hz-smart-hdtv/5006023.p?id=1219106283977&skuId=5006023&st=categoryid$abcat0101001&cp=1&lp=3

what do you guys think?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have been to best buy several times to check out this TV, http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-bravia-50-class-49-1-2-diag--led-1080p-120hz-smart-3d-hdtv/3419028.p?id=1219091132473&skuId=3419028.

this TV looks amazing. Originally I didnt want a smart TV as i have the Amazon fire. However this is maybe the one tv that will allow me to reconsider that decision. I have heard great things regarding the picture as well as the input lag when gaming. With that being said, I really want a 55 in. I was looking around on the BB site and I found this TV. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-55-class-54-5-8-diag--led-1080p-120hz-smart-hdtv/7865123.p?id=1219298196084&skuId=7865123. It only has one review and I cannot find any info on it online.
i figure it will be between this the 800 series above and this one http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-60-class-60-diag--led-1080p-120hz-smart-hdtv/5006023.p?id=1219106283977&skuId=5006023&st=categoryid$abcat0101001&cp=1&lp=3

what do you guys think?
I just stumbled across the W700B series in another thread here and it appears they are a fairly new model series (at least to the USA). I cannot find them on sale anywhere else outside of Best Buy and there is no information on Sony's site; I did a chat with a Customer Service representative, they had no information either. It appears they are a slightly stripped down version of the W800B, basically the W800B without the 3D capabilities.

I have been looking for a nice gaming TV as well and Sony is about as good as it gets. I am waiting to find a little bit more information on this model before I pull the trigger but it does look promising; I would also expect the price to drop some more since they are "new".

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just stumbled across the W700B series in another thread here and it appears they are a fairly new model series (at least to the USA). I cannot find them on sale anywhere else outside of Best Buy and there is no information on Sony's site; I did a chat with a Customer Service representative, they had no information either. It appears they are a slightly stripped down version of the W800B, basically the W800B without the 3D capabilities.

I have been looking for a nice gaming TV as well and Sony is about as good as it gets. I am waiting to find a little bit more information on this model before I pull the trigger but it does look promising; I would also expect the price to drop some more since they are "new".
well if its a stripped down version of the w800b, i think i will be sold. i dont care about the 3d either, not even the smart tv functionality. i saw the thread where they mention the 700 series. i will check it out. i really think that tv will be what im looking for

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
This is most likely identical to the w7 series of Europe. Basically a w8 series with no 3d, and lower input lag (around 14ms). To bad Sony missed the mark with good out of the box color tracking. All the 2014 models seem to have a green push.

·
Registered
60 Posts
This is most likely identical to the w7 series of Europe. Basically a w8 series with no 3d, and lower input lag (around 14ms). To bad Sony missed the mark with good out of the box color tracking. All the 2014 models seem to have a green push.
OOTB color tracking is bad but is it fixable through configuration?

If it is the W700 from Europe with no 3D and low(er) input lag, I am perfectly fine with that since 75%+ of my time will be gaming.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
OOTB color tracking is bad but is it fixable through configuration?

If it is the W700 from Europe with no 3D and low(er) input lag, I am perfectly fine with that since 75%+ of my time will be gaming.
Yes it is easily fixable, but still, for those who do not have color calibration tools it is an issue.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Dang, this TV is the same price as the 50inch 800b but...well you know 5 inches bigger. *UFO* could you please clarify what you meant earlier?

Regardless I may be picking this up in the next day or two as it is apparently available at my local BB and I'll let you fellas know if I do, although I'm no expert.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I went to my local best buy, it was supposed to be in stock but I could not find it anywhere on the shelves. I just wanted to get a peek at it; I am fairly certain it is just the W800B without 3D.

It is basically at regular retail price at the moment, I would expect it to go on sale at some point soon. Also, I wonder if this model is exclusive to Best Buy or if other retailers will get it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I went to my local best buy, it was supposed to be in stock but I could not find it anywhere on the shelves. I just wanted to get a peek at it; I am fairly certain it is just the W800B without 3D.

It is basically at regular retail price at the moment, I would expect it to go on sale at some point soon. Also, I wonder if this model is exclusive to Best Buy or if other retailers will get it.
Color me intrigued at this development. I was actually quite disappointed when I heard other parts of the world had a W7xx series, which was basically the W8xx series without 3D and some motion processing options (and smart features also I believe?). If this model number boils down to the same thing, that is the picture of the W8xx without some of the (unncessary) bells and whistles, the price point is very appealing.

If anyone finds additional information, please share!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
pulled the trigger!!

I ordered the 55 inch saturday, and it is scheduled to arrive sometime thursday. Got a pretty nice deal, only paid 899.99 but still wish i could have got it a little cheaper. As soon as i get it set up ill post some pics and give some feedback.

I was so excited when i saw it listed i just ordered it. I had been looking at the 800b for some time now but couldnt afford it. Only drawback so far is that it looks like the entire bezel is silver. Hopefully the picture is good enough to make me over look the bezel.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I ordered the 55 inch saturday, and it is scheduled to arrive sometime thursday. Got a pretty nice deal, only paid 899.99 but still wish i could have got it a little cheaper. As soon as i get it set up ill post some pics and give some feedback.

I was so excited when i saw it listed i just ordered it. I had been looking at the 800b for some time now but couldnt afford it. Only drawback so far is that it looks like the entire bezel is silver. Hopefully the picture is good enough to make me over look the bezel.
Awesome! How did you get it for $899? The 55" is listed on the site for $999.

You should upload a PDF of the manual for us so we can look through the specifications since they are not posted anywhere online ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Awesome! How did you get it for $899? The 55" is listed on the site for $999.

You should upload a PDF of the manual for us so we can look through the specifications since they are not posted anywhere online ;)
I had a 10 percent off coupon for bestbuy, it dropped the price down to 899.99 ill def try to get a pdf of the manual for you guys. It probably wont be till friday, ill have to use the copying machine at work.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just set mine up, got it at BB today. I'll try to get pictures up of the manual soon. It looks gorgeous. I don't really have much expertise in this field, but I am picky when it comes to TVs and I can't find anything wrong with the picture. The viewing angle is poor but I'm not sure how it compares to the 800b. They were just setting up a display with the model in Best Buy, I got the only one they had in the back. It honestly looks like a tv that costs more than a $1000, but I am still fiddling with it. I'll try to keep you guys updated. Also I have to say I honestly prefer the silver bezel, it's not super glossy or anything though.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I just set mine up, got it at BB today. I'll try to get pictures up of the manual soon. It looks gorgeous. I don't really have much expertise in this field, but I am picky when it comes to TVs and I can't find anything wrong with the picture. The viewing angle is poor but I'm not sure how it compares to the 800b. They were just setting up a display with the model in Best Buy, I got the only one they had in the back. It honestly looks like a tv that costs more than a $1000, but I am still fiddling with it. I'll try to keep you guys updated. Also I have to say I honestly prefer the silver bezel, it's not super glossy or anything though.
Right on, thanks for the update!

A manual would be super, no idea why there is nothing on Sony's site for this model. It is what I am looking for if it meets the W700 specifications in Europe or even the W800 specs here in the States (sans 3D).

1 - 20 of 476 Posts