1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
From what I've gathered its very similar to the 65w850a except:

Slightly curved screen

Passive 3d

$1000 + price difference

Out of my price range but i would love to hear more about it as well. I been looking at the w850a but would prefer passive over active 3d.

·
Registered
1 Posts

I bought this TV and I love it. The colors are so bright. The picture looks amazing. The TV also has a sub out and the speakers on the TV are amazing. I have the volume in my house at max of 30 at anytime and it goes to 100. But most of all the 3D is the most incredible and the most easiest on the eyes. Just amazing. Best purchase I have ever made. The tv can also be wall mounted. The TV is heavy though, around 120lbs.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonylove  /t/1501281/sony-kdl65s990a-65-inch-1080p-120hz-3d-led-hdtv-black/0_100#post_24176793

I bought this TV and I love it. The colors are so bright. The picture looks amazing. The TV also has a sub out and the speakers on the TV are amazing. I have the volume in my house at max of 30 at anytime and it goes to 100. But most of all the 3D is the most incredible and the most easiest on the eyes. Just amazing. Best purchase I have ever made. The tv can also be wall mounted. The TV is heavy though, around 120lbs.

I also so these two sets side by side today. The 65S990A has so much brighter colors compared to w850A. Its a pretty big difference. It must different panels.

·
Registered
10,536 Posts
Pics please?

I'm seriously thinking of getting this set - it's now only $500 above the W850a.

Strange that the S990a isn't sold locally, and there's very few pro or user reviews. I like the 850, but it has some dimming on the left and right edges that I think might drive me nuts. If the S990a has a nice consistent brightness, I think I'm sold.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I believe the differences from the W850A are the greatly improved sound and the "deep black panel" besides the curved screen. I'm intrigued with this TV. Looks to be well made. It just doesn't have the 240 refresh rate like the W900A.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.