AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the benefits of the new 60NX or 60EX series over the 65W (damned confusing trying to determine the real difference between series and improvements over old)?

The KDL gives 5 extra inches...this is a good thing.

I can find a demo KDL 65 for just $500 more than the NX.

Some help from those in the know about pros and cons would be great

Thanks

EDIT: more I have learned

the NX800 has 240Hz vs 120Hz motionflow - benefits ?

the NX800 and EX700 have LED backlit - benefits?

·
Registered
7,233 Posts
LED Backlilt should have far superior Deep Blacks and Shadow Details.

The "W" is 2009 model whereas the others are fresh 2010 Models. The "W" series has never been a Ten Bit Panel with Ten Bit Processing like the XBR and "Z" series have been.

To decide why don't you either find a Sonystyle Store or a BB Magnolia to audition them for yourself.

If your spending that kind of money it may be best to let your eyes decide which one makes you take out your wallet.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick240 /forum/post/18156376

What are the benefits of the new 60NX or 60EX series over the 65W (damned confusing trying to determine the real difference between series and improvements over old)?

The KDL gives 5 extra inches...this is a good thing.

I can find a demo KDL 65 for just $500 more than the NX.

Some help from those in the know about pros and cons would be great

Thanks

EDIT: more I have learned

the NX800 has 240Hz vs 120Hz motionflow - benefits ?

the NX800 and EX700 have LED backlit - benefits?

Maybe you can find out how to determine how many hours are on the demo. I think there is a counter somewhere in the menus.

The other thing I can say is that not all of the TVs on display are set up the same way. Typically there are differences in things like brigthness, contrast, and color saturation and bias (towards red, green etc.)

Sharpness settings may also vary.

Unless you can access the menus looking at TVs in a showroom is a bit of a crap shoot.

As far as 240 Hz VS 120 Hz. It all depends on the implementation. In general motion blur is reduced the most by 240 Hz, but even then there are differences in implementation. Having said that here is the pecking order:

1) True 240 Hz

2) Quasi 240 Hz (this is 120 hz with a scanning back light)

3) 120 Hz

4) 60 Hz

Regardless of which TV you end up buying, most credit cards give you an extra year on the warranty. That should make the idea of buying demo a little more appealing.

Finally, the impact of 65 inch screen is likely to be much more impressive compared to minor differences in picture quality.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.