AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 55A3000 and want to have an extra bulb on hand. In searching online, I have found several sites selling just the lamp (without housing) and claim the housing doesn't wear out so you can just put the new lamp in. Is this true? My manual instructions have the whole housing being replaced. But if it is ok to do this, it can save me over $100. Anybody know?

·
Registered
534 Posts
If you order from Sony they send the bulb already in the housing. Most the other sites will just send you the bulb and it is up to you remove and then insert the new bulb into the housing.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Without housing unless you have butter fingers. It is not hard to do. Just make sure to wear gloves to avoid touching the bulb with your fingers and you should be fine (assuming you're handy with a philips screwdriver).

·
Registered
1 Posts
we are thinking about buying the Sony KDS 55A3000 but are concerned about the bulb replacement. The price now is great, but not if we have to spend an additional $250 every couple of years. Can you tell me which sites sell without the housing and the approx cost?

Thanks.

Fuzzyz

1 - 5 of 5 Posts