AVS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I'm at the brink of desperation.

I have the R50XBR1. I have PS3. I'm using HDMI. I can get nothing but the black screen. I've tried the tip to hold the power button for the beep resetting the HDMI. Nothing. I get a quick green screen flicker when the PS3 tries to display. Then, black screen.

I can get the Composite to work. I can get the PS3 and HDMI to work with a smaller Visio HDTV without a problem. If I run the settings and display settings from Composite and change it to HDMI, I go to the HDMI input on the Sony TV, get a black screen, and it kicks back to Composite after 30 seconds.

There have been a couple of threads here and there, but no resolution thus far for me. Maybe this is in the wrong forum, but could someone please help me??

·
Registered
97 Posts
What resolution are you trying to output from ps3? Your tv may not support 1080p.Try 1080i and see if that helps.

Andy

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know that Andy. Unfortunately I cannot even change the resolution of the HDMI. If I try to do it from the TV that works, I plug this one back in and it still won't display. I somehow go the Playstation 3 to detect HDMI somehow, which is a breakthrough, but then I set it, and had to restart the PS3 and it defaulted back to composite. I'm having major handshaking issues.

·
Registered
7,918 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, question....

xbr1 TV isn't capable of receiving a 1080p input apparently. So if that is true, and it's only capable of receiving 1080i, then I shouldn't be able to pick up 720p either right? So if 720p is still selected, then this could be the cause of my whoas.

Can anyone let me know if I'm on the right track?

·
Registered
90 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExhaustedSonyUsr /forum/post/15488170

OK, question....

xbr1 TV isn't capable of receiving a 1080p input apparently. So if that is true, and it's only capable of receiving 1080i, then I shouldn't be able to pick up 720p either right? So if 720p is still selected, then this could be the cause of my whoas.

I took a look at the specs for your TV, and it accepts 1080i, 720p, 480p and 480i through HDMI.

·
Registered
90 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExhaustedSonyUsr /forum/post/15491118

I tried to just set the PS3 to 480p (the lowest), and still couldn't get the handshake to work with the TV.

!!!!

I apologize if you already mentioned this somewhere else, but did you go through the troubleshooting guide on playstation.com? Not just the "Hold down power to reset", but the whole thing?

·
Registered
1,829 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExhaustedSonyUsr /forum/post/15488170

OK, question....

The XBR1 is capable of accepting 1080p input. It doesent display 1080p, but it most definitely accepts it. My 50XBR1 works flawlessly with my PS3 via HDMI. You are not on the right track, sorry

I wish I had some advice to get you on the right track, but I really dont. I plugged in my PS3 and hooked it up via HDMI and it worked.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You are lucky then.

Me, not so much.

I noticed the class action lawsuit with this TV and the false 1080p advertising. The benefits include a $60 e-credit for the 1080p device like the PS3. Big deal. And I don't even fall into the purchase windows of the PS3.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejayrock /forum/post/15491132

I apologize if you already mentioned this somewhere else, but did you go through the troubleshooting guide on playstation.com? Not just the "Hold down power to reset", but the whole thing?

Yes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by guffy1 /forum/post/15491447

The XBR1 is capable of accepting 1080p input. It doesent display 1080p, but it most definitely accepts it. My 50XBR1 works flawlessly with my PS3 via HDMI. You are not on the right track, sorry

I wish I had some advice to get you on the right track, but I really dont. I plugged in my PS3 and hooked it up via HDMI and it worked.

It's the people who say it worked that give me any glimmer of hope that mine can be fixed. The techs are coming on Saturday.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,723 Posts
Try component video?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts