AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own the 60" sxrd first generation set , and i am now seeing a green haze at the bottom right corner of the screen. I have read about the green blob issue on this forum and i am certain that this is the same issue. I bought my set on 8/12/06 (for a great price) from circuit city. The set was an open box set that had never been used (I was told it didnt fit in the house for the first customer, and that the customer got the 50" model instead). I've contacted sony three times already trying to find a service tech that will come out to my house (no luck so far...) sony seems to really be trying to help, but i'm getting frustrated with the situation.

I need advice , should i try to bring the set back to CC, (assuming they would help me out when my set is 5 months old) or hound sony to get a new set, or should i just wait on that one day that sony will find some service person that will come out to my house......

I really love this set, but if i dont get help from sony soon, it will be the last sony set i will ever buy.

ANY ADVICE ON THIS SITUATION WOULD BE TRULY APPRECIATED

· Registered
72 Posts
green haze you describe is not same problem as the "green blob". although it will most likey require a new optical block. Optical block swap takes about 2-hours in home. I'm not sure if you're saying there are no sony servicers in your area or just none that will do an in home repair?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.