AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Sony KDS-R60XBR1 TV and would like to know if there are any links or comparasion between KDS-R60XBR1 vs KDS-R60XBR2.. I also want to know any opinion as if I should upgrade from XBR1 to XBR2. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
I started a thread just like yours.

Never got much of a response...unfortunately.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Well I went from a 50" XBR1 to a 70" XBR2 & am very happy I did!!

Of course the extra 20" has something to do with it!

I can say I'm very happy with the 1080p input & since i have the PS3 I can actually use it, Blu-Ray movies & Gran Turismo HD look amazing!

Is it worth it to go to the XBR2?

well only you can decide that.

·
Registered
4,609 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinomon /forum/post/0

I have a Sony KDS-R60XBR1 TV and would like to know if there are any links or comparasion between KDS-R60XBR1 vs KDS-R60XBR2.. I also want to know any opinion as if I should upgrade from XBR1 to XBR2. Thanks in advance.

There was some information about this posted in the XBR1 Owner's thread a few days ago by myself and KewlK.

·
Registered
804 Posts
I have a 50 xbr1. If you are new to this website, you may not be familiar with all of the problems that many people have had with the sony xbr1's. Many people have what is called the "green blob" problem that requires service and many complain of the set never working the same again. I have never had any issues withmy 50xbr1 and think that it is great! I have even read of quality problems with the new xbr2's(sony has many issues!!) If your set has been trouble free and you don't have any need to watch 1080p source(that doesn't mean much to me since I watch mostly hi def cable or standard dvd) I would not feel any need to upgrade to an xbr2. I would wait until there is a lot more 1080p to watch and then buy better, cheaper technology in the future. As far as I know, nobody has any plans to broadcast 1080p any time soon. If it aint broke don't try to fix it!! Thanks. Ned.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ngerstman /forum/post/0

I have a 50 xbr1. If you are new to this website, you may not be familiar with all of the problems that many people have had with the sony xbr1's. Many people have what is called the "green blob" problem that requires service and many complain of the set never working the same again. I have never had any issues withmy 50xbr1 and think that it is great! I have even read of quality problems with the new xbr2's(sony has many issues!!) If your set has been trouble free and you don't have any need to watch 1080p source(that doesn't mean much to me since I watch mostly hi def cable or standard dvd) I would not feel any need to upgrade to an xbr2. I would wait until there is a lot more 1080p to watch and then buy better, cheaper technology in the future. As far as I know, nobody has any plans to broadcast 1080p any time soon. If it aint broke don't try to fix it!! Thanks. Ned.

Great Advice, Ned!

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
I also feel that I wouldn't "trade up" for an XBR2 from an XBR1. I don't see the XBR2 1080p input at 60fps as much of an advantage. The XBR1 properly deinterlaces 1080i and you end up with basically the same picture as with 1080p/60 input.

I wouldn't consider trading up until a set accepted 1080p/24 and displayed it at 72, 96, or 120fps. That will eliminate some "judder" and be an improvement over properly deinterlaced 1080i; however that advantage is only applicable to sources that output 1080p/24 (currently limited to some HD DVD and Blu Ray players). I would imagine that next years SXRD will provide that capability as well as implementing HDMI 1.3.

Bye the way, I recently began using a PS3 for Blu Ray via HDMI into my XBR1 and can't believe the improvement over upconverted DVD. Picture is significantly better that broadcast HD.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlb /forum/post/0

Bye the way, I recently began using a PS3 for Blu Ray via HDMI into my XBR1 and can't believe the improvement over upconverted DVD. Picture is significantly better that broadcast HD.

Thanks for the great advice! I need to get a PS3!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.