AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am now experiencing about 20 second blanking of the picture every 3 to 5 minutes. The green power light remains on and does not blink. Going into the service menu yields all "0"s on both the LCD engine report and the Main report screen of the self diagnosis menus.

Can you help me identify the probable card that is bad? Are there economical used sources of the internal cards in order to swap the probable bad card(s)?

About 24 months abo the optical block went out and was replaced after a long haggle (5 months plus) with Sony.

Now I just want to replace a card or two within the unit instead unless it turns out to be the optical block again (that remains in extended warranty).

Thanks for any help.

Terry

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the suggestion tdma.

The KF-60WE610 blanks for the approximate 20 seconds per cycle without any connections to the television (with only white noise present).

Does the same with any input signal connected and picture visible on the screen.

Also have disconnected the TV for several days and experience a repeat of the same when plugged in & turned back on without any input signals present.

I have purchased a KF-60WE610 service manual but cannot find the individual device cards listed for sale (new or used) on the web.

Terry

1 - 3 of 3 Posts