AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This, of course, is the TV that's been the topic of so much discussion in this section of the forum. Depending which thread you read, it's been unavailable for the last couple of months either due to greater-than-anticipated demand because it's got the greatest picture since creation, or because of lamp failures that caused Sony to suspend production.

Either way, I'm wondering if anyone's seen the new production models showing up in stores yet. If so, where?

·
Registered
243 Posts
I'm waiting on mine (almost a week late now) and just talked with the dealer. They said the Sony rep is at the store and is supposed to give me a call.

What I've been told is that they had to stop the manufacturing and go back and replace some transistors. Now they've been manually testing every TV as it comes off the line to make sure it powers up properly (wouldn't they do that anyway)?

Supposedly my KF-60WE610 will be here early next week. I'm gonna be one upset customer if I don't get it before the Superbowl.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Guys, i know for a fact the the FutureShop stores in my area are back ordered (177 to be exact) on the 42" GW III. The salesman showed it to me on their computer. He mentioned that they were slowly getting a few TVs here and there to fill the orders. Decide for yourselves if he was being honest or not.

I also heard or read somewhere that there is a new model of this TV coming out this year (September i think). I appoligize for not remembering where i've gotten that knowledge, but if anyone can confirm that or shoot it down as a rumour, i'd appreciate it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.