Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a KL-W9000 LCD Rear projection. This is the original precursor to the Grand Wega. It is not a TV but a 50" Presentation Monitor. I have 3 of these. A couple of weeks ago when I try to turn on the "TV" it goes through a cycle where it clicks 3 loud clicks, pauses, does 3 loude clicks pauses, does 3 loud clicks and stops trying to start-up the bulb.

So I hit the "hard" power button on the front of the set and it goes through the same thing again. I hard cycle it again, and it will goes through one or two of the 3 click cycles and all of a sudden the set comes on. If I turn it off and it has not cooled done all the way, it will either start up immediately, or take more clicks depending on how cold it has become. If it's been more than a few hours I go through the (3) 3-click cyckes to get it to start up.

Usually this clicking indicates the bulb is getting ready to fail. I have switched bulbs with another set that does not click and that bulb clicks also. Because that bulb was also "rather" old, I purchased a new bulb and it does the same thing.

I talked to Dennis Shepard at medical video systems and he suggests I might have damaged another component because of a modification to the startup procedure that I started doing about 6 months ago. I put the power feed from the TV into the switched outlet of my cable box so that the set would come on and go off with the cable box. Bad idea!!! This does not allow the bulb to cool down through it's normal cycle and just cuts it off. I was doing this on my 60" GWII also, so I stopped that.

So here's the question, has anybody seen this problem on their GW's or GWII's, or KL-W9000's if anyone here owns one of those.? I've looked through the factory service manual of the KL-W9000's and don't see anything there.

Thanx!

Les Garten

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.