AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for anyone who has the Sony LCD model # KLV32M1 that is using the HDMI interface in conjuntion with a DVI adapter cables, or maybe even through a switch or AV receiver with DVI or HDMI switching.

I have a customer that is connecting an HD-Tivo HR10-250 (HDMI output) to our DVI switch through a Monster adapter cable, then out of our DVI switch, through another Monster adapter cable, and into the Sony LCD (HDMI input). The result is no picture.

Other sources connected to our DVI switch work fine (Comcast/Motorola cable box, and a Voom receiver), but not the HD-Tivo.

So this would make the HD-Tivo suspect, but if he substitutes a different display, a Sony KLV26HG2 (DVI input), everything works fine, including the HD-Tivo.

Also the KLV32M1 direct connects to the HD-Tivo fine (HDMI to HDMI).

So the issue is a specific case of one source device, one switch, and one display, where all can be shown to work fine in different configurations.

We have tested other equipment going from HDMI to our DVI switch and back to HDMI without issue, and have seen other sucessful reports here on AVS.

I suspect that the KLV32M1 is seeing that there is an true HDMI device at the other end, and getting confused when it disappears (changing inputs on the switch), or possibly some automatic input mode going wacky.

Anyone have this display and seen similar weirdness?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.