AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember several months ago, someone posting a similar problem, but I could not find it. Apologies if this has been covered recently.

My problem:

It takes several repeated power on cycles to finally get the bulb to "light". When this behavior began, about three months ago, I bought a new bulb thinking the old one was the problem. However, after replacing it, there was no change... it appears that something else is preventing it from turning on. The startup proceedure can now take as long as 15 minutes.

My routine:

CLICK to power on... wait, wait, wait, wait (green LED blinks the whole time) then CLICK, the monitor stays dead and the red LED blinks, displaying horrible failure. SIGH.

Anyone, ANYONE able to help me fix this problem?

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
You might want to post your question over in The BIG Picture DVD Forum where they have a dedicated area for the KLW-9000.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hello, I used to have a KL-W9000, I almost sold mine to Scott, hey Scott!!! I am 99.99% sure that your bulb has gone dead...........grrrr.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Hey man! As you may have seen, I went with a front projector (the NEC VT540) instead of the KLW-9000... hope you are still enjoying your unit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Scott, thanks for the tipoff to The Big Picture, and Durwood, do you think I got a bum bulb? The new one exhibits the same behavior right out of the box. That would suck... I bought it from Japan, I have no idea how easy it will be to return it.

Ouch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.