AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a newbie to HDTV and RPTVs and have lurked and learned a lot on this forum. I'm ready to take the plunge. I have built in cabinetry in my family room that currently has a Sony 32 inch direct view TV on a stand. It is only 43" in width. My viewing distance is about 13'. I have decided on a 16x9 RPTV upgrade and the newer Sony 46 inch set happens to just squeeze in, otherwise I would have to go with a 42 or 43 inch set. I have seen this set at Circuit City playing HD programming and I found the picture quality superior to a Hitachi 42FWX20b right next to it. I also have read good reviews of the newer tabletop Mitsu on this forum. I saw it at BB and I was not impressed, but I suspect it may not have been adjusted properly. I am sure both the Sony and Mits will perform well with DVDs, but I am also concerned with 4:3 material and how DRC or the Mits equivalent will handle it. I currently watch standard 4:3 over TW digital cable (no HD which would only be HBO anyway). The family room is also pretty well lit from windows in the summer and I was concerned about RPTV brightness although the Sony set was bright at CC, not so with the Mitsu. Others have also brought up the DVI port for future use in the Sony, none with the Mits. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.