AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone is using sony's KP-46WT500? i just need some reviews on this TV. I was going to buy Panasonic's CT-36HL42, but a great advice from this group says that tv doesn't have DVI. Now I am into sony's projection tv. I have read reviews from CNET and they are all saying good. Even they are saying the picture quality is even better than direct TV. is it true?

thanks

macsp

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have this set and i am very happy with it. DVDs look great. video games look great(although i rarely use it for this). as far as analog tv is concerned- crap in = crap out. i recommend this set.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have the KP46WT500, and the picture is good, its incredible after using Avia.

All opinions from here down are after using Avia.

DVDs look better then I have anticipated (with a progressive scan DVD player). Skin tone is life like, and real depth is added to a lot of scenes. I cant see any flicker problems that normally occur with tiny patterns, like wall paper or shirt designs.

I recently bought a HDTV Tuner STB and an antenna, 1080i images on this set are unbelievable.

I have AT&T Digital Cable a few channels are all most unwatchable after viewing DVDs, but its not many and they are mostly under 100. Many of the upper channels rival DVD quality (through S-Video). I plan on getting a satellite dish after my tax return to get more 1080i sources, especially Discovery HD Theater.

Keep in mind that this set down converts 720p to 480p. I was going to take this set back and get a bigger one, but after reading many reviews and doing quick comparisons with other Sony TVs on the same settings the KP46WT500 just looked so much better.

All in all I am very happy with my purchase, I would recommend with out hesitation to anyone who is looking for set in the $2K price range. One more thing for the price you can get a much bigger set 55 inch plus. But the PQ from the Sony makes it well worth purchase. I know several people with different models, brands, etc. even after using Avia and watching DVD's or HD on their sets the PQ doesn't even come close to to the KP46WT500.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Great TV. HBO through digital cable is "DVD" quality. DVD's through progressive scan player are amazing. Some Cable channels are horrible and I've found that my VCR tapes also look like crap.

I did have this set ISF calibrated and was very pleased with the results. The picture was good out of the box, better after THX optimizer and outstanding after a 2 hour professional calibration.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.