AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just took delivery of my sony kp-51ws500 rptv which will hopefully never flicker. Thats another subject. Im still waiting for my avia disk to arrive and need some help with initial settings. Right now im watching sd on comcast digital cable. It looks crappy but thats expected. . Right now i am watching in movie mode, wide zoom, drc set to interlaced. Brightness and contrast are a tad under 50% each. Sharpness is set to 30% color is at 50% and hue is 2 clicks from the left. This looks okay but i think it can look better before my avia arrives. Anybody with this or similiar model sony have settings they would like to share?? It would be greatly appreciated!!

mike

·
Registered
319 Posts
If you really want to get the most out of your new TV, there's a whole bunch of service menu changes you might consider making, and if you're comfortable with opening up your TV... The electrostatic an optical focus should be fine tuned as well. Avia adjustments should be made after the these adjustments and a good manual convergence. There's a great document that explains why you should and how to go about doing these tweaks in the files section of the HS10 yahoo group forum. I noticed a HUGE increase in PQ when I had finished all of the tweaks! I couldn't imagine watching the TV without these adjustments anymore. I hope I don't piss anybody off for mentioning another forum here (I know this is only my first post) but I found the tweaks to be so beneficial that I feel required to mention them here. :)

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've tried going to that site many of times and it just says only members can access this board even though im signed up with yahoo. I can never access the site??

mike

·
Registered
319 Posts
Once you're in the group, hit the "join this group" button and you'll be allowed to access the messages and files. There's tons of great information to be found there on your TV. You'll also need the service manual for your TV too, let me know if you need help finding a PDF.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.