AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the market to upgrade my old KP-61HS10. I am set on either the Sony KP-61HS30 or the Hitachi 61UDX10B. They are both 4x3 units. My existing HS10's DRC (sony's internl line doubler) does a poor job in creating a crisp picture - thus my reason to switch. Sony's has upgraded their DRC and other ciruitry to upgrade their picture quality. On paper, the Hitachi appears surperior. With 5 element lens and wider CRT tubes, Hitachi claims to have the brighter and sharper picture quality over their compeitors. Also, you can change the viewing format on the Hitachi such as zoom, expand 16:9 signal to fill 4x3 screen, watch 16:9 with grey bars or black bars. I don't know how many elements the Sony lens have? I recently went to a local store and compared the two, in NTSC signal Sony was much sharper and with less motion artifacts than the Hitachi. But the store has about 10 TV's all hooed up to the same NTSC signal (i.e. splitting it 10x's). HD, they are both very good. I am leaning torwards the Sony, but would like additional input from others who have reviewed both units.

·
Registered
424 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.