Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All:

I am leaning toward this model. I saw it last night at CC, and I like it a lot. I am not sure about my viewing distance which is 8-9 feet. I just wondered if anyone had opinions on this set. If not, what's better for $2,000 max?

Thx!

B

·
Registered
794 Posts
I purchased the KP-WS500 model.. same as the set your thinking about except it's 51" . I purchased it for $2199 with 24 month finance deal at Worst Buy (BB). For HD, I think the set it awesome.. stretch modes for 4x3 material not as good as the Toshiba.. If youre going to set 9 feet away. I wouldn't go bigger than 46" as your doing in my opinion.. others will differ. Remember, when you see it at home, it will look twice as big as it did in the store.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The 46" mitsu is lasts years model. They don't have a 46" for this year.. 42 and 48 are what they offer with the current models.

I'm also looking at the 46WT500. The CC in my area put it on the floor for 1799.. same price as the 43" hitachi. To me the hitachi doesn't seem significantly better than the sony either. So for the same price, you'd get 3" more, DVI and if you're in the market for it, a TV stand that's much more usable than the hitachi. I'm going to wait till it's on the floor a little longer to break in and then go play with it to see how it compares.

Unfortunately the "upgraded" models aren't available on the smaller sets. If there was a Hitachi SWX in the 42"-46" range, it would be a different story.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.