AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know for sure what the 51ws500 does with a 720p signal? Does it upconvert to 1080i or down convert to 420p? I also would like to know if anyone has had success with DVI input and HTPC. I have an ATI 7000 le and would like to know how to set up Powerstrip using DVI connection. Thanks for any help

Dave

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
From page 39 of the User manual:

Watching the Digital TV

When you have connected the DTV receiver, you can enjoy digital TV

programs. This projection TV is capable of receiving the 1080i, 720p, 480p

and 480i digital TV formats.

✍ This projection TV is not capable of displaying a native 720p format

signal. When a 720p format signal is received, it is converted into a 480p

format signal.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Won't find to many CRT RPTV's that display 720P natively.. CRT's are more expensive to manufacturer.. not to many people require it since most STB output 1080I and not just 720P

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys for the input. From reading through posts on this forum - I knew it wouldn't do 720p. I was just trying to find out what the set did with it -- up convert to 1080i or down to 480p. Soooo - if it down converts to 480p then I guess I'll have to send 1080i if this is possible.

·
Registered
25 Posts
So, Dave, did you connect your ATI 7000 to the DVI input of the KP51WS500? If so, what resolution are you using? Do you have to use Powerstrip? Are you able to eliminate any overscan? When you are using your PC with the KP51WS500, is the text easily readable?

Thanks for any info on this, because I'm planning to use my PC with my KP51WS500 (when I get it).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.