AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Sony KP51WS500 that I bought October 15, 2002 and for the past two days I have noticed a mild screen flicker. It almost has that campfire flicker feel to it. It does it in all modes, DVD, satalite, etc.

Does anybody have a clue what this could be?

I do have the in home 4 year warranty with an authorized Sony dealer and will set something up tomorrow to be looked at next week.

I still would like to get some feed back from the pros here at the AVS site.

Mike Early

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm sure glad I contacted Sony on this. It gets fixed on Tuesday.

I lucked out having this problem the new upgrade will be awesome!

This is why I buy Sony!

Mike

·
Registered
794 Posts
:eek:

Welcome to the flicker club.. lot's of us out here.

Don't throw a party yet... start praying the tech does the job right. The repair is very involved and not to many techs know how to do it. I'll pray for you. Wait till you get your set back and see re-trace lines.. convergence and geometry is out of wack.. etc etc.,,

If sony was so good, they would have fixed the units sitting in inventory rather than have us waste vacation days waiting for repair shops to come out and fix it, then all the call backs when they don't do it right.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The place thats doing my repair has done 13 of these repairs and has not had one failure.

They are picking it up.

It gets three new tubes (upgrades not the same ones)

A new circuit board and an adjustment of one other thing I cant remember.

3 strikes and I get a new set, if that happens then I will upgrade to something different.

I have the circuit city 4 year deal and I'm into it only 6 months.

Mike Early

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If all of you had the same fix that I am getting and still have the same problem then I want to bail on this set and get something different.

Please let me know if this is the same old fix or is it different?

Mike

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I talked to the repair shop and they said I'm getting the upgrade tubes and board that all the new factory sets are getting as of Jan. 2003

Time will tell

Mike

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
I just had the flicker fix last Thursday. All went very well!!:D I did not get an upgraded circuit board, whats up with that? I had 3 resistors replaced and 3 new CRTS put in.

Gov

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Well...after I did some Fine Convergence tweaking in the SM, I would have to say just as good if not better!!!

The new CRTS seem a bit brighter than the old ones. I used to keep brightness and contrast around 50 percent. With the new CRTS I have had to lower both to around 45 percent.

I am very happy with the replacements, just hope they don't develop the flickers again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.