AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:mad: Hello, i want your advice on this one.... I'll make it very, very short cause it's a long story... I bought a Sony KP53HS10 HDTV in December 2000 that i paid 4700$ !!! ( CDN )

January 2001, 1 month after that, it broke ( higher power supply blew off!) so it got repaired under the warranty. Didn't cost me a dime.

November 2002, the image got blurred and non-focused. I call the technician and he fixed the problems, under the warranty. ( adjusted focus and convergence ) Didn't cost me a dime. The warranty expired one month after that. ( December 2002 )

Now, the fun part begins ! Not even 3 month after the warranty is no longer valid, in mid-March 2003, the screen turns off like that. I called Sony Canada, they opened a file and told me to get an estimation of the repair and to fax them a summary of all the repairs they've done on my tv. The Sony autorized repairmen came home and litterally emptied my tv case and brought it at his store because it was in too bad shape !!! Called me back after 2 weeks and the results was unbelievable! lower power supply blown off, higher power supply blown off ( again) and even the audio parts of the damned thing blew off. ( Believe me on this, it is not my fault, i watch 7-8 hours a week of dvd movies and use my Yamaha amp. for the audio systems, so the volume of the tv is always very low...

So, the repairmen tell me i have for 795$ of parts to be replaced, 250 $ for labor, 50$ for the call + the applicable taxes. ( 15.56% in Quebec, Canada.) For a total of 1259 $ !!!! No need to repeat the toughts and words i had in mind for the Sony brand...

I waited for Sony to receive the documents and called them yesterday ( Friday the 2 May ) and this is what they've offered me:

700 $ for the parts and..... that's it! ( even if there's for 795$ of parts) Not a dime for the labour or for the rest of the 95 $ or the taxes.... The customer service guy asked me what i wanted to do : accept or refuse their offer ? So ... that's my question ??????

what do i do with that ? Is there anyone reading this who had the same kind of problems with Sony and settled it like that or differently ? Is it a good offer 700$ or if i write a letter to M. Hiro Sakai, the president of Sony Canada, maybe i'll have another offer?

Remember, i saved money during 2 years to buy the best HDTV ( i tought ) on the market i could afford and, i paid 4716.03$ for it!!!! For that large amount of money, for me, isn't supposed to last more than 2 years and 3 months and after that pay another 559$ from my pocket !!! Didn't Sony had enough from my original payment to make a good reliable giant screen?????

So...., what do you think ? ( believe me, it was the shortest i could do...) :rolleyes: Thanks for your advice....

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.