AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2002 model Sony KP65WV600 appears to be terminally ill. It has served well for almost 7 years without any problem. and has always had a good picture. However, yesterday morning when I turned it on, the picture was distorted, as though looking through a telescpoe, and the colors were all out of allignment on the sides. Horizontal lines along the bottom curve down on each end and along the top they curve up, as though the screen were concave in shape, like a funhouse mirror. I went into the menu and looked at the convergence. The + signs in the very middle were okay, but from there out they got progressively worse, until at the edges the colors were 2-3 inches apart. I tried to adjust but they would not move at all. I unplugged it for several minutes but that did not help. My extended warranty expired a couple of years ago. Any suggestions? Is it worth trying to fix it or time to get a new set? Plasma or LCD? Thanks.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Buddy its tme to move on have you ever checked out Panasonic TC-P54G10. Its very good plasma tv. Worth looking at it. Of if you want to stick with the old one than pay for the repairs.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Convergence hardware failure. $400 to have it done, $50 to diy (see link in signature).

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks a lot. I'll look into it and see if there is a competent service company in my area. I cannot do it myself as I am not allowed to hold a solder gun.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts