AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title sayd, all of a sudden my older sony lost its picture.

All cables are connected and have been tested.

When i have it set to my cable box, i get sound of the different channel, but the screen is black with the green "video 1".

When i change to 'video 4' for my DVD player, i get sound but this time an all green screen.

Sony wants to charge me 85$ to come look at it, and about $200 to figure out the problem..

before i do that, any thoughts??? Thanks guys!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by darstr /forum/post/19622019

Try Video switch IC302 on the A Board. Good luck to you.

how do i do that?

this morning, i turned the tv/cable box on and the picture worked.. it stayed for a good 2 hours, then all of a sudden went black. i turned everything off, unplugged cables power etc, started back up, black..

about an hour agao i tried it again and it worked for about 5 seconds, then went black.

the sony guy i talked to on the phone said maybe it is my video board?

·
Registered
139 Posts

Sony wants to charge me 85$ to come look at it said:
My thought would be to look around for a replacement TV. I wouldn't drop any money into fixing the one you have. There are so many working CRTs for sale cheap you might be able to find a nice Sony HDCRT for less than the cost to fix yours.

Depends on where you live, but here is an example of the CRT TVs available locally in Seattle on craigslist. http://seattle.craigslist.org/search...inAsk=&maxAsk=

1 - 4 of 4 Posts